Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
As a Lead Designer, you lead the creative team of Visual Designers and UX Designers and are accountable for the delivery, quality and aesthetics of all design work created for our clients. You will:
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Manage a team, working processes and design-thinking culture that enable us to rapidly turn ideas into beautiful, engaging and intuitively usable front-end designs for digital solutions.
- Push the boundaries of how business, creative and technology teams come together to create transformative digital experiences.
- Build on your extensive design experience with structured design processes needed for complex systems, and are ready to experiment with new, highly agile and iterative design & prototyping processes and creative environments.
- Inspire and guide teams through human-centred design processes and how to observe, ideate, prototype, design and measure the impact of digital experiences.
- Design and lead workshops with client stakeholders, strategists and technology teams to conceive and define future digital experiences.
- Embody and represent our creative capabilities for clients and in the market.
- Interface with business and technical delivery teams to shape, estimate and define the programs that turn ideas into fully designed and functional systems.
This role requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following capabilities:
- Lead, oversee and provide thought leadership in participatory design/user testing sessions, as well as behavioural in-context and ethnographic research events across accounts; manage client involvement in research.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders with a confident point of view on experience design.
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing sites, apps, digital properties and experiences for usefulness, usability, visual design, contents and branding.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the customer experience (based on user research); organise opportunities into visually compelling matrices or maps and user journey stories.
- Lead stakeholder interviews and large client workshops to communicate insights from stakeholder interviews; work with teams to achieve alignment on key success factors.
- Lead participatory requirements gathering activities, including the analysis and synthesis of requirements definition; present feature lists and requirements documents to senior clients.
- Define best practices and standards related to persona development and behavioural segmentation and coach teams to align personas and segmentation with client/project objectives.
- Lead storytelling and oversee the development of customer journeys/user scenarios and ensure that they are derived appropriately from behavioural segments/user profiles; ensure that scenarios respond to key user needs and illustrate key business opportunities.
- Drive the development of visually compelling frameworks that describe key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs; execute top-level deliverables based on user-centred design techniques.
- Lead the creation of visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation and organisation design.
- Oversee the development of organisational models, affinity maps, sitemaps, process/screen flows, navigational models and interactive behaviours, and wireframes; present deliverables to senior clients.
- Estimate, plan and lead all design work in the development of a quality solution for large and complex projects.
- Collaborate with strategy and business development teams; execute and manage creative aspects of sales pursuits, including shaping and responding to opportunities, proposal creation, and orals presentations.
- Collaborate with leadership and hiring to attract, recruit and retain creative talent.
- Identify the tools, templates and techniques that evolve existing approaches for the larger creative community at IBM.
- Collaborate with capacity management to make team and project allocation decisions.
- Enhance the IBM iX brand and the IBM Consulting brand by driving award submissions and speaking engagements.
- Possess knowledge of state of the art and emerging digital design trends, and how new technologies impact these trends
- People management: Mentors junior designers, engagement managers and other more junior delivery consultants on the proposal and/or delivery teams, as appropriate.
- Participate in and/or is responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection and reuse of IBM's intellectual capital. Participates actively in and in some cases leads knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
- Passionate about digital innovation and the impact of advanced digital technology, big data, and cognitive computing on organisations and people
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years' experience designing digital experiences and leading experience design teams with a proven track record of success.
- Master's degree in a design-related discipline: Industrial Design, Environmental Design, Interaction Design, Information Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction or other equivalent or relatable fields of study.
- Strong point-of-view of where and how Experience Design is evolving towards including how consumers interact with devices, environments, immersive content, and commerce now and in the future.
- Solid confident verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to all levels of clients and co-workers.
- Knowledge of direct marketing, online advertising, mobile, web and emerging experiences, with proven conceptual and design abilities.
- Must be well-versed in user-centred design methods and techniques.
- Must possess a deep understanding in related creative tracks: design, interactive development, copywriting and content strategy.
- Proficient to expert level in: InDesign, Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Mural, Miro, Visio, Microsoft Office on either Mac or Windows environments.
- Must have been in a client-facing role and have project experience in working with teams on large scale, long-term projects.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
- งานออกแบบ / ศิลปะ / สร้างสรรค์
ไอบีเอ็ม เป็นผู้ผลิตคอมพิวเตอร์และให้บริการด้านคอมพิวเตอร์และสารสนเทศ รายใหญ่ของโลก มีสำนักงานใหญ่อยู่ที่สหรัฐอเมริกา ไอบีเอ็มก่อตั้งมาตั้งแต่คริสต์ศตวรรษที่ 19 และเป็นบริษัทสารสนเทศที่ใหญ่ที่สุดในโลก บริษัท ไอบีเอ็ม ประเทศไทย ก่อตั้งเมื่อ พ.ศ. 2506 และได้รับพระบรมราชานุญาตให้ใช้ตราตั้งครุฑพ่าห์อ่านต่อ
- ทำงาน 5 วัน/สัปดาห์