Principal Software Engineer (Infrastructure) - Bangkok basedที่
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The IT Infrastructure team operates all networks, servers, and storage platforms used to deliver services to Agoda's customers. We support every product within the company, working with a wide range of systems and technology stacks. As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you'll be working with over 25,000 server instances, one of the largest OpenStack private clouds in Asia, sophisticated Kubernetes-based compute engines, and a data platform capable of transporting and ingesting millions of data messages per second. Each of these opportunities - coupled with an open work environment - are a great way to gain experience on a modern and dynamic platform, constantly evolving to adapt to changes in the business landscape.
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for an experienced Principal Software Engineer (full stack) to help us build services to scale and manage our infrastructure. We are looking for somebody with hands-on experience in infrastructure system development, writing software to interface with the system management APIs exposed by Kubernetes, OpenStack, Ceph, etc
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Lead, design, build (Golang and Python) and support Agoda's internal private cloud stack built on Kubernetes using Cluster API and building custom controllers/CRDs to deploy and manage multiple global clusters.
- Work with major parts of the Agoda technical system including influence major projects.
- Research and development of infrastructure service improvements to help drive efficiency improvements and provide a vision for the team.
- Constantly reading and learning, moving Agoda forward technically – influences other teams and improves others proactively, keeping us on the cutting edge of technology.
- Work with stakeholders (Software Development teams, other Lead Techs, Infra Management and others to gather requirements and architect scalable, redundant services in an agile scrum environment.
- Troubleshoot product and system issues at scale across multiple global DCs.
- Leading design reviews within the team, department and influencing tech leadership at Agoda.
- Mentoring of other Engineers within the tech at Agoda, preparation of technical documentation and training.
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- At least 10 years of expert distributed system development experience at principal or above (GoLang, Python would be advantageous).
- Experience in web development frameworks (full stack), programming libraries and protocols, (for example, Kubernetes Operators/Controllers, Restful API, React, Django, C# etc)
- Expert experience with virtualization, containers, and container orchestration (Kubernetes/ Openstack/ContainerD/Docker etc.)
- Experience with observability/health of systems with monitoring/alerting/logging/visualization services (for example Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Kibana, etc.)
- Experience in leading in major cross functional initiatives across department.
- Experience with mentoring other engineers of different levels.
- Presenting high level designs to senior tech leadership.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time with little direction.
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable, with good communication skills (working language is English).
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skillsExperience in creating and using CI/CD and GitOps approach to operations.
- Contributing to open-source projects, especially Kubernetes Operators/Controllers
- Lead teams and greenfield projects solving large system problems
It's Great if you have:
- Experience using software to interface with Openstack/Kubernetes/ /out of band hardware management APIs (DRAC/ILO), etc.
- Knowledge in physical architecture at scale, building resilient, no single point of failures, highly available solutions.
- Have experience in a data driven company with experience analyzing and working with Big Data
- Worked on global projects serving world markets with distributed data centers and localization of the front end and data
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- ไอที / เขียนโปรแกรม
อโกด้า (www.agoda.com) เป็นหนึ่งบริษัทผู้ให้บริการเว็บไซต์จองห้องพักในโรงแรมที่เติบโตเร็วที่สุดในโลก โดยมีโรงแรมในเครือข่ายกว่า 2,000,000 แห่งและมีเว็บไซต์ที่ได้รับการแปลเป็นภาษาต่างๆ ถึง 38 ภาษา Agoda Company Pte. Ltd. บริษัทซึ่งอยู่เบื้องหลังการดำเนินงานของ Agoda.com ก่อตั้งขึ้นในปีพ.ศ. 2548 โดยสอ ... อ่านต่อ
ร่วมงานกับเรา: The Agoda Thailand offices are staffed by a team of multi-national professionals. We are expanding our business around the world and are looking for dynamic people to help the company grow. Agoda is located in the heart of Bangkok in the Offices at Central World, and offer huge career opportunities ... อ่านต่อ
- ทำงาน 5 วัน/สัปดาห์