Systems Analyst-Thai Nationalที่
Background : The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia
(RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa and Asia, in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, to establish a regional early warning system within a multi-hazard framework for the generation and communication of early warning information, and capacity building for preparedness and response to trans-boundary hazards. RIMES was established on 30 April 2009, and was registered with the United Nations on 1 July 2009. RIMES operates from its regional early warning center located at the campus of the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathumthani, Thailand.
The system analyst, reporting to the head, supports all computing systems of the Center and is responsible for addressing all user issues. Also, shall take care of the observation stations and their smooth functioning.
Duty station : RIMES Regional Facility, AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
Type of Contract : Full-Time Contract
Knowledge: At least a Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation, electrical, information and communications technology, computer science, computer networks or related field; working knowledge of programming, database packages, and web-based technologies (e.g., MySQL, Microsoft.Net, Visual Basic, C++, Java, UML); basic understanding of networks and topology (e.g., CCNP, CCNA)
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in handling large servers and in server maintenance (Windows, Linux, Unix)
Skills and Abilities: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to plan and organize work independently.
Personal Qualities: Excellent interpersonal skills; commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiative; remains calm, in control, and has good humor even under pressure
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Operation and maintenance
- Maintain system efficiency. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying system integrity, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying the completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups. Ensure optimum performance of the Local Area Network (LAN), including Internet connectivity, and support users
- Maintain network and system security. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Install and maintain network firewalls, DHCP servers, web servers, and other servers.
- Create and maintain a Virtual Private Network service and ensure servers are safe from external attacks.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures and maintain smooth operations
- Undertake performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as may be required. Perform periodic performance reporting.
- Monitor server and other equipment inventory and provide recommendations for required upgrades or replacements
- Perform regular backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up
- Set up automated alerts and performance notifications relating to system failures
- Provide overall database, user, server, and security management support
- Create and maintain documentation for operational and security audits
- Establish new users; manage access levels, and re-set passwords
- Identify user needs.
- Analyze and isolate issues. Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
Support to application development
- Conduct application testing
- Train users on access, security, use, software customization, and basic computing
Contract Duration: The contract will initially be for one year and will be extended upon satisfactory completion of the 120 days probationary term and each annual performance review.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send your application letter, resume, salary expectation and 2 references to [email protected] by midnight of 28 April 2023, Bangkok time. Please state “System Analyst: Your Name” the Subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Ms. Dusadee Padungkul
Head-Operational Support Department
Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1,
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
RIMES promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Well-qualified applicants particularly women are encouraged to apply.
- Problem Solving
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Visual Basic
- UML Design
- 30,000 - 60,000 THB, สามารถต่อรองได้
- ไอที / เขียนโปรแกรม
The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa ... อ่านต่อ
ร่วมงานกับเรา: At RIMES, we are seeking to recruit and retain the best minds with competence and a commitment towards making RIMES vision of ‘forearmed, forewarned and resilient communities’ a reality. Our multicultural staff and global partners are our greatest asset and span across the region to serve 22 member ... อ่านต่อ
- ทำงาน 5 วัน/สัปดาห์