Background : The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia
(RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa and Asia, in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, to establish a regional early warning system within a multi-hazard framework for the generation and communication of early warning information, and capacity building for preparedness and response to trans-boundary hazards. RIMES was established on 30 April 2009, and was registered with the United Nations on 1 July 2009. RIMES operates from its regional early warning center located at the campus of the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathumthani, Thailand.
The Program Coordinator, reporting to the Head of the Operational Support Department, oversees the implementation of RIMES programs/projects and undertakes monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program/project outputs, outcomes, and impacts. Coordinating facilitates day-to-day communications with national and local partners as well as stakeholders. S/he is accountable for managing the implementation of the RIMES's strategic plan. In addition, S/he is also primarily responsible for developing concept notes for activities, monitoring and reporting on progress, new developments, etc.
Duty station : RIMES Regional Facility, AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
Type of Contract : Full-Time Contract
Knowledge: Master’s degree in public administration, international development, social science, planning, or management
Experience: At least 7 years of experience in development and management of programs and projects, at least 5 years of which is international experience in Asia or Africa; at least 3 years of experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects
Skills and Abilities: Demonstrable leadership ability; demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage projects in varying stages of implementation under time pressure; strong organizational skills; excellent writing and verbal communication skills; attention to detail; ability to multi-task
Personal Qualities: Excellent interpersonal skills; team-oriented work style; interest and experience in working in a multi-cultural environment; strong desire to learn and undertake new challenges; a creative problem-solver; demonstrated maturity and seasoned judgment
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation of RIMES program, monitoring all program activities to ensure deliverables are being met
- Retain a record of all RIMES projects
- Ensure that programs and projects take credible approaches and employ best practice methodologies
- Ensure that technically competent staff are assigned to programs/ projects
- Ensure that programs and projects are carried out in compliance with contractual commitments.
- Closely monitor program activities to ensure all donor regulations and policies are adhered to and deliverables are met with consistently high quality
- Monitor the implementation of the annual work program
- Conduct periodic monitoring of project activities
- Track outputs, outcomes, and impacts of the work program
- Ensure that external evaluations are conducted according to donor requirements
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation data are utilized in reporting, adaptive management, learning, and internal/external communications.
- Ensure that Team Leaders and the Finance Officer provide timely technical and financial progress reports as required by the donor
- Check reports for proper content, format, and quality. Monitor the delivery of reports in accordance with deadlines.
- Coordinate with Team Leaders to provide hard copies and electronic copies of all reports and project deliverables for the library, website, and database archives.
- Collaborate with the Information, Communication, and Knowledge Management (ICKM) Specialist on RIMES communications and press release activities
- Any other work assigned by the Head Operational Support
Contract Duration: The contract will initially be for one year and will be extended upon satisfactory completion of the 120 days probationary term and each annual performance review.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send your application letter, resume, salary expectation and 2 references to [email protected] by midnight of 31 May 2023, Bangkok time. Please state “Program Coordinator : Your Name” the Subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Ms. Dusadee Padungkul
Head-Operational Support Department
Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1,
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
RIMES promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Well-qualified applicants particularly women are encouraged to apply.
- Good Communication Skills
- High Responsibilities
- Leadership Skill
- Analytical Thinking
- 30,000 - 60,000 THB, สามารถต่อรองได้
The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa ... อ่านต่อ
ร่วมงานกับเรา: At RIMES, we are seeking to recruit and retain the best minds with competence and a commitment towards making RIMES vision of ‘forearmed, forewarned and resilient communities’ a reality. Our multicultural staff and global partners are our greatest asset and span across the region to serve 22 member ... อ่านต่อ
- ทำงาน 5 วัน/สัปดาห์