Teacher of Thai Studies (Senior) – Academic Year 2019/2020
Teacher of Thai Studies (Senior) – Academic Year 2019/2020ที่
The Teacher of Thai reports to the Director of Thai Studies and is, and is expected to teach a full timetable of 48 periods (55 minutes /10-day cycle). This department of highly motivated and experienced staff teaches throughout the School and expectations are high. The department enjoys excellent results at IGCSE Thai First Language. We are seeking a Thai teacher to help deliver the curriculum at Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 and IGCSE level, with the ability to teach both native and non -native learners. Candidates should be willing to bring innovation, flexibility, passion, and love of Thai to an already thriving Department.
The successful candidate:
- be passionate about the development of Thai language at Shrewsbury International School;
- will be developed children with the whole child concept through play and age-appropriate activities;
- will be a dedicated teacher who is capable of inspiring students;
- will have full working knowledge of the Thai National Curriculum and ability and aspiration to attain high standards;
- be able to manage the class well;
- be able to design a lesson plan and select appropriate teaching techniques;
- will reflect an understanding of differences in students’ interests, motivations, preferences, knowledge, and abilities;
- will have an assessment for learning skills;
- will have a flexible approach to work within the school curriculum and structures;
- have demonstrated an appreciation of the value of the extra-curricular dimension in developing the potential of students;
- will have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive approach to professional development particularly in the areas of EAL and ICT;
- will be internationally minded;
- will be a fully-qualified teacher able to provide two up-to-date professional referees (normally one will be from the current head) and a Police check at Enhanced Level.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
- attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes;
- promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school;
- report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy;
- keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained;
- seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
- Satisfactory Thai Police Criminal Record check
- Confirmation of identity (Driving License/ Passport/ National ID Card)
- Satisfactory references
- Verification of qualifications and work experience
How to Apply:
Applications will only be accepted on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website “Job Vacancies” page.
Full details of the school are available on our website at www.shrewsbury.ac.th.
Any queries should be forwarded to [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the school.
- Good Communication Skills
- High Responsibilities
- Positive Thinker
- งานสอน / ฝึกอบรม
- ตั้งแต่ 25 ถึง 40
Shrewsbury is one of South East Asia’s outstanding international schools, with enrolment of 1700 students from Early Years to Sixth Form, exceptional examination results and particular strengths in the creative arts, design and sport. The school itself enjoys a delightful and spectacular setting, ri ... อ่านต่อ
- ทำงาน 5 วัน/สัปดาห์