Teaching Assistant (Satit Chula School, Bangkok)
Teaching Assistant (Satit Chula School, Bangkok)at
Type of Contract: 1 year fixed term contract with possible extension
Start Date: 6th January 2020
Location: CU Demonstration Elementary School (Satit Chula)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT/TEAM
Satit Chula is the largest and longest-running of our Thai school contracts with a team of one senior teacher, 14 teachers, one programme coordinator and five YL Assistants. The school is located in Bangkok’s city centre within the campus of Chulalongkorn University (one of the country’s most prestigious universities, to which it is attached as a ‘demonstration school’). This is close to the main British Council teaching centre in Siam Square.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AND WHY
Supervise Young Learners inside and outside the classroom
- Be responsible for children at break times and before, after and between classes
- Ensure children do not enter restricted areas and do not cause disturbances on the premises
- Assist teaching staff both inside and outside the classroom
- Assist with the production/preparation of resources and materials or help with administration tasks (when not required in the classroom). Use the internal school systems to maintain records & complete registration
- Parents’ and other caregivers’ non-teaching related queries are directed to the Customer Services team or the Head of Young Learners
- Assist customers with the borrowing process and to ensure children do not borrow material which is unsuitable for their age
- Prepare class lists for teachers
- Attend meetings when necessary to keep up to date with plans and developments
WHAT IS INTERESTING ABOUT IT
You can take pride in the fact that you will be part of a team that enables the British Council to meet its objectives and gives all our customers an exceptional experience. You will also be able to join regular professional development, training and skills programmes to develop your experience and skills.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for potential candidates who have atleast 6 months experience of working with children. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply. Good written and oral communication skills in English and Thai.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
- Professional development opportunities
Our work makes a lasting difference by building more inclusive societies and supporting people’s prospects.
Together, we can do more.
British Council Careers: Work with us
Candidates who are interested and have the right to work in Thailand should apply online via : https://tinyurl.com/THA-NT-2110e
Closing date for applications: 17 November 2019 (23.59 UK time)
- Analytical Thinking
- English (Very Good)
- 20,000 - 25,000 THB, Negotiable
- Teaching / Training
- Customer Service
British Council Thailand Do you want to make a difference? The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making ... Read more
Why join us: Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rig ... Read more
Jobs you may like
If you click "QUICK APPLY", the same documents that you sent last time, will be sent for a new Job Position. It helps you to send applications faster.
You can always view your past applications in your applications history