The Swimming Instructor reports directly to the Aquatics Director and is responsible as part of a team for the effective coaching and teaching of swimming. In particular, the Swim Instructor will work closely with the Physical Education and Sport and Activities teams to plan, deliver and evaluate both curriculum PE swimming and swim team sessions in line with the Shrewsbury International School annual coaching plan. Candidates should be willing to bring innovation, passion and a love of swimming to an already inspired Department. The candidate’s work ethic must be exemplary. The candidate should also have a willingness to be a reflective practitioner who could further enhance the teaching and learning in the school.
The Swim instructor should have the following qualities
- Hold a recognised swimming teaching or coaching qualification or have the ability to gain within 6 weeks of employment a lifesaving qualification
- A knowledge of both learn to swim and competitive swimming
- Be able to plan, deliver, and evaluate swim teaching and coaching sessions to swimmers of all abilities, leading one of the groups within the You Time Swimming program.
- Be able to deliver curriculum swimming lessons as part of the PE team.
- Be able to cover as needed within either the You-Time swimming program or PE curriculum swimming lessons.
- Be available for all swim meets and time trials attended by Shrewsbury International School which might also happen on weekends.
- To assist with all aspects of the preparation of any swim meets hosted or attended by Shrewsbury International School which might also happen on weekends and which may be overseas.
- Be available to conduct the swimming programme (for selected groups) during school break.
- Act as a lifeguard as required by the school
- Have good English language skills in speaking and reading
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be conscientious, efficient and organised
- Participate in training and development
- Be a strong team player – good-natured, willing to learn and flexible in approach
- Be willing to travel both domestic and overseas to accompany with students for swimming events or competitions.
- Be willing to carry out other assigned work as considered appropriate by Line Manager and/or The Principal.
- Positive Thinker
- งานสอน / ฝึกอบรม
- ตั้งแต่ 22 ถึง 30
Shrewsbury is one of South East Asia’s outstanding international schools, with enrolment of 1700 students from Early Years to Sixth Form, exceptional examination results and particular strengths in the creative arts, design and sport. The school itself enjoys a delightful and spectacular setting, ri ... อ่านต่อ
- ทำงาน 5 วัน/สัปดาห์