Operations Assistant Manager (Based in Prakhanong - Rama IV)
Operations Assistant Manager (Based in Prakhanong - Rama IV)ที่
The Outside Service Provider Assistant Manager oversees the processing of outbound parcels at the company's package center facilities. He/She conducts pre-operation checks, manages sorting, loading and dispatch operations, and performs post-operation functions. The Outside Service Provider Assistant Manager analyzes previous dispatch results to maximize service performance and streamline routes, and ensures outbound packages are processed, loaded, and leave the building on time. This position supervises part-time supervisors, administrative staff, and hourly employees.
- Manages Start Up Operations
- Performs initial yard and equipment checks to ensure there are no mechanical issues and sufficient feeder equipment is available.
- Checks safety calendar and other planned safety activities to ensure safety of operations.
- Reviews daily operating plan and exception reports to identify and manage staffing and operational issues.
- Conducts pre-sort meetings with part-time supervisors to communicate the daily plan and other relevant information.
- Monitors Daily Package Center Operations
- Manages operations to ensure proper package care, service, and quality levels.
- Makes operational changes (i.e., equipment and staffing) as needed to ensure packages are loaded efficiently.
- Checks for clerical problems at the customer counter to validate packages are processed properly and exceptions (e.g., incomplete addresses, misleads, etc.) are corrected.
- Verifies trailers are loaded and properly sealed and paperwork is correct to ensure the accurate and timely dispatch of loads.
- Ensures safety is incorporated into operational activity to minimize risk of injury.
- Supports Comprehensive Health and Safety Process (CHSP) to ensure sustainable, safe work environment.
- Supervises Package Pre-load
- Discusses the daily dispatch plan with Pre-loaders to communicate any barriers to optimal service performance (e.g., mis-loads, weather forecast, high package volume, etc.).
- Assesses daily staffing levels to ensure enough people are present to meet service commitments.
- Audits package car load quality to determine if handling and loading methods are followed.
- Follows up on any problems (e.g., packages are too big for package car, pre-loaders are too slow, etc.) to drive Operations' production goals.
- Supervises Dispatch Operations
- Collaborates with others (e.g., Yard Control Supervisors, Drivers, Region Schedulers, etc.) to ensure Dispatch plans are executed efficiently.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels to reduce overtime costs.
- Supervises Dispatch planning to ensure loads and tractors are assigned to drivers to meet service goals.
- Advises Automotive of equipment repair needs to ensure equipment is in good condition.
- Monitors load movement to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
- Oversees Post-Operation Activities
- Communicates with part-time supervisors to ensure trailers and package cars have been unloaded and there are no packages overlooked.
- Completes nightly reports (i.e., employee hours worked, package volume, packages per hour, etc.) and forwards to the Business Manager to provide a summary of the sort operation.
- Uploads scanner data and resets scanners to ensure proper function for the next sort (i.e. shift).
- Reviews payroll data to ensure employee hours are coded correctly and the actual hours worked are computed.
- Supervises and Develops Others
- Determine employees' training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conduct performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolve individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS's policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in similar capacity from Logistics industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Require demonstrated skills in MS Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint).
- Leadership Skill
- English (Good)
- Thai (Very Good)
- 3 ปี
Going the extra mile makes the world work better. Logistics isn't just systems, supply chains, and epic infrastructure. It's a diverse team of individuals who bring their passion to the mission of UPS every day, offering better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distributio ... อ่านต่อ
ร่วมงานกับเรา: UPS has a working environment unlike any other in the world. Discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience.อ่านต่อ